Thursday, June 19, 2008

Steve Carell on Regis & Kelly

So yesterday, I was flipping through channels and to my excitement, I found Steve Carell doing an interview on Live With Regis and Kelly. I was so excited to listen to him talk about his new movie, Get Smart (out June 20th- FRIDAY), of course, THE OFFICE. I seriously got chills listening to him talk about all of the major questions right now (don't judge me). And because I took notes (again... don't judge me), I am going to share some of my favorite parts of the interview:

On the Office Convention: He talked about how crazy and amazing it is that they have received so much support. He said he could attend the 2007 convention, but he is definitely attending in 2008 if they have one.

On why Scranton was chosen as the site of the show: He said the writers wanted to choose a very "honest" town to have the show in. He said that the people in Scranton were nervous at first because they thought the show would be making fun of their town, but now they realize that that was not an intention, they love the show and are very proud of it.

On the spinoff: He says that no one in The Office cast knows anything about it yet, but he said that because the same writers and producers from The Office are working on it, it will be great.

The show: He said that they start filming the show again in July and that it is going to be great.

And one last comment, Kelly Ripa went up a couple of notches in my book when she said that The Office was "the best show on television."

No comments: